Canton Fine Arts Announces New Monthly Luncheon Programs
The Art Around Us ... Series is Opened to the Public for Reserved Tickets
Contact: Max Barton, Marketing Director
(330) 453-7666, ext. 102 • email@example.com
Image: (clockwise, l) Deborah and Paul Bahm of Schoolhouse Woodcrafts present a program to Canton Fine Arts members at the Canton Museum of Art (CMA); Ted Lawson, well-known local artist, stands in front of one of his paintings during a CMA exhibition; Nancy Stewart Matin conducts a program for Canton Fine Arts members at the Museum.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 9, 2013, Canton, Ohio — Canton Fine Arts Associates will present a monthly luncheon and program series beginning in September 2013. Held the second Wednesday of each month at the Canton Museum of Art, the new luncheon and program series is entitled "The Art Around Us" and is open to the public. Each of the luncheon programs will be held from Noon to 2pm in the Wilkof Courtyard at the Canton Museum of Art, 1001 Market Avenue North, downtown Canton.
Cost of each event is $11 per person with pre-paid, advance reservations required. The deadline for reservations is one week prior to the event and credit cards will be accepted. Call Carol Paris, Fine Arts Assistant, at 330-453-7666 ext. 105, for reservations. Space is limited.
Canton Fine Arts Associates is a non-profit affiliate of the Canton Museum of Art. Canton Fine Arts sponsors monthly luncheons with programs on art-related topics. Dedicated to furthering the cause of the visual fine arts in our area, Canton Fine Arts also sponsors the an annual fundraiser, Christkindl Markt, which is a juried fine arts and crafts show with a holiday theme held each November. All proceeds from this event benefit the Canton Museum of Art. Visit www.cantonart.org to learn more.
Canton Fine Arts Programs: 2013 - 2014 — "The Art Around Us"
• September 11: "Art from the Dawn of Mankind" — by M.J. Albacete, Executive Director,
Canton Museum of Art
• October 9: "The Art of Watercolor Painting" — by Nancy Stewart Matin, local artist & teacher
• December 11: "Holiday Luncheon" — with musical entertainment (to be held at the
Canton Women's Club)
• January 8, 2014: "The Wonders of The Saint John's Bible Exhibit" — by M.J. Albacete, Executive Director, Canton Museum of Art
• February 12: "The Beauty of Stark County's Stained Glass" — by Professor Anne Coen,
Kent State University
• March 12: "The Mystery Continues. . ." — by Linda Lonsdorf, local author, including a book signing afterwards, with all proceeds to charity
• April 9: "The Talent Among Us" — featuring an exhibit of original artwork by Fine Arts members.
# # #
Carol Paris, Fine Arts Assistant
(330) 453-7666, ext. 105
About the Canton Museum of Art
The Canton Museum of Art (CMA) is Ohio's premier location for an exceptional visual arts experience. CMA is recognized for its unrivaled Permanent Collection of American watercolors and contemporary ceramics, powerful national touring exhibits, high-quality original CMA exhibits and innovative education outreach programs. For more information about the Canton Museum of Art, including hours, exhibits and special events, call (330) 453-7666, visit http://www.cantonart.org, Facebook® at “Canton Museum of Art” or @CantonMuseum on Twitter®.